Student Council is a body which is of the students, by the students, and for the students. The purpose of the student council is to give students an opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects. In addition to planning events that contribute to school spirit and community welfare, the student council is the voice of the student body. They help share student ideas, interests and concerns with the school-wide community. Student Council consists of President, Vice-president, Head Boy, Head Girl, Assistant Head Boy & Assistant Head Girl, Junior Head Boy, Junior Head Girl and a team of Captains, Vice-captains and Prefects are appointed in a Special Investiture Ceremony at the beginning of academic year. Besides assisting the administration in organizing school events and maintaining order and discipline they also participate in policy decision making.
Underpinning our strong academic programme is our belief in a holistic education. One of our mottos is the development of leadership quality.
Each class has a system of monthly Monitor rotation which provides each and every student with an opportunity of assuming a set of responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the student council
- To promote the interests of students among the school administration, staff and parents.
- To inform students about any subject that concerns them.
- To consult students on any issue of importance.
- To organize financial campaigns for school life and charitable activities.
- To organize educational and recreational activities for students.
- To participate in developing the school’s educational projects and to promote it to students.
- To organize an activity to recognize the efforts of students involved in organizing school activities.
- Creating a sense of belongingness towards the school within the students.
- To propose activities to the school administration that would improve the quality of life in the school.
Commitment to Community
KWS is committed to the communities they serve through a long-term provision of high-quality education, continued enhancement of facilities, infrastructure, and teaching methodology. KWSites are also taught the values, responsibilities needed to become active members of the local, global community.
The school has adopted a model village, named Bakarapara as a part of its socio-economic development initiative. Literacy, Medical Camp, Flood Relief and Entrepreneurship Camps are being conducted from time to time. The Chairman of CBSE felicitated the team of KWS International School for this path-breaking initiative. Community Service is earnestly taken up by KWS as a co-curricular activity under the core value of Social Responsibility. The school has taken up many projects for the same in the last many years.